The Squam Lake MarketPlace is hiring a Kitchen Manager!
Days and Nights/Weekends/Flexible Hours Required
The ideal candidate for the position:
- Has two to three years of cooking experience in a variety of kitchens, including both high-end and high-volume environments
- Demonstrated cooking technique
- Previous Deli Experience is a plus
- Solid experience running a line
- Ability to successfully lead teams
- Has a reputation for excellent relations with the front of the house staff
- Has a reputation for maintaining a safe and clean kitchen
- Has weekend availability
Desired Personal Characteristics
- Passionate about great food and great service
- Well organized and able to multitask
- Self-motivated, especially under pressure
- High level of integrity and honesty
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Flexible and hardworking
- Able to set priorities
- Able to effectively manage their emotions in the workplace
The Kitchen Manager is responsible for delivering a quality food experience to all guests.
- Prepares and cooks food according to SLMP standards.
- Ensures that all food meets quality and presentation standards.
- Effectively trains and manages other staff members
- Maintains great communication
- Maintains a strong sense of what is going on in the entire operation during the shift.
- Able to work all positions in the kitchen and run the line.
- Make sure guests are receiving exceptional customer service at all times
- Maintain food service and production levels -- ensure that food is prepared and served in the appropriate quantity and with the utmost quality
- Ensure operations are in accordance with kitchen sanitation and safety standards
- Start-up and shut-down of kitchen equipment and processes (opening/closing shifts)
- Handle inventory responsibilities including food orders and receipt
What does the job pay?
Starting pay is $18.00-22.00 per hour, or negotiable based on experience.