We are looking for an experienced baker to join our team. Our baker is responsible for all pastries for the marketplace to include morning offerings and daily cookie/bar and other pastry selections. In addition, all desserts for the Inn Kitchen + Bar Restaurant are prepared by the baker. The baker will also be responsible for any special orders or catering that falls into the dessert and pastry category.
Performance Expectations - Essential Functions:
- Early morning opening to prepare breakfast pastries and daily desserts
- Demonstrating a complete understanding of baking fundamentals.
- Preparing pastries that are regular offerings, able to execute established recipes.
- Create new dessert options and suggestions.
- Keeping supplies full and ordered.
- Being a part of the kitchen team and helping when needed.
- Maintaining a clean and sanitary work environment.
- Maintaining a professional appearance that adheres to our dress code.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Basic math skills, measuring conversions.
- Being able to multitask and handle a fast pace work environment.
- Ability to implement written and verbal instructions.
- Willingness to work with others and train when needed.
- Knowledge of health and safety standard practices
What does the job pay?
Starting pay is $14.00-18.00 per hour, or negotiable based on experience. Gratuities are in addition to the hourly wage.