About the Sous Chef position
We are looking for a professional Sous Chef to be the second in command in our kitchen, following our Chef’s specifications and guidelines. The successful candidate will employ its culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our customers’ satisfaction. This position is supported by the entire kitchen staff and vice versa, everyone working together to meet our goals.
Sous Chef responsibilities are:
Assist creating high quality food and drink menu
Assisting with the preparation of meals
Making sure that quality standards are met
Paying close attention to inventory
Ordering the right supplies for the inventory base
Managing and training team members
Following the health and safety standards
Communicating effectively with team members
Sous Chef requirements are:
3 years or more as a Sous Chef
Familiar with hospitality principles
Excellent communication skills
Able to handle emergency situations
Knowledge of softwares such as MS Office, POS and other related restaraunt softwares
- BA/BSc degree in Culinary Arts or a related field
Performance Expectations - Essential Functions:
- Passionate about great food and great service
- Making sure that food is prepared in a timely manner
- Prepares stocks, sauces, dressings, food for menu items following recipes
- Checks in ingredients from suppliers, insuring quality
- Rotate food products to insure freshness and no waste.
- Communicates ingredients needed in a timely manner.
- Being a part of the kitchen team and helping when needed.
- Maintaining a clean and sanitary work environment.
- Maintaining a professional appearance that adheres to our dress code.
Physical + Basic Requirements:
- Basic math skills, measuring conversions.
- Being able to multitask and handle a fast pace work environment.
- Ability to implement written and verbal instructions.
- This position requires standing, bending, and walking for extended periods of time. You must be able to lift at least 10-50 pounds throughout the day.
- At least one year of line cook experience in a restaurant kitchen preferred
- Able to follow the health and safety procedures
- Has a reputation for excellent relations with front of the house staff
- Must be able to work weekends and Sundays
Successful Candidates will have the following Personal Characteristics:
- Excel at giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Self-motivated, especially under pressure
- High level of integrity and honesty
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexible and hardworking
- Able to set priorities
- Able to effectively manage their emotions in the workplace
- Recognizes when help is needed and asks for it
What does the job pay?
Starting pay is $18.00 per hour, or negotiable based on experience.